Monday, March 14, 2011

My olde commissions ~

During my college years, I got a few commissions to sew plushies for two very passionate cosplayers. Sewing probably isnt my preferred skill to display, but its definitely a break from the pencil and wacom tablet. So when my friend offered me the job, I totally jumped at the opportunity.


Detective Kun Kun and Gatomon.
Delivery time usually coincided with Comic Fiesta, so I'd have a few months to source the materials and plan the design, and right after completing the last college assignment of the year, I'd immediately take up the needle and sew, just in time for CF. College days were extremely hectic and busy.

Spinel Sun

I probably had the most fun with Spinel Sun, because I had more time with it than I did with the rest. And since it was gonna end up in the post, I figured I'd have a little bit of fun with the packaging too.


the other side of the box

a little close up.

 So here :D  little sewing projects I never shared with anyone till now. Also, a lesson learnt when sewing with felt and fluff : Wear a mask, or their fibres will end up stuck in your throat and lungs. I sounded like a cat regurgitating furball for days after :<

and to the two lovely cosplayers : Thanks for the commissions! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment