Sunday, May 13, 2012

5 months late Comic Fiesta post!

Haha so my last post was 7 months ago, that's more than half a year +_+ I've been extremely busy in those months, from my own projects to extreme overtime at work. When people tell you to enjoy your life before getting a job, seriously,... do it.

One project I worked on late last year was an Artbook x Calendar with my Bus Squeeze mates to sell at Comic Fiesta. We called it 'Yum!', a dessert themed artbook x calendar. When it comes to taste and design, these girls never fail. We handmade 100 copies (built the stand from scratch ourselves) and sold out before CF ended : D

 






Marianne took a really gorgeous picture of the calendar

This is quite a picture heavy post, so don't say I didn't warn you! :D
 
I love the little finishing touches on the calendars; from the sturdy stand with pretty inner patterns, brass wire rings and the round cut corners. Really, you can trust them to insist on details like these.

I pulled this from our fb page ._. whoever took this picture, thank you!

Due to their handmade nature pricing had to be a little high, but despite that, we were sold out of the calendars we put up for sale. We barely made any profit from this, but I think its great enough that we broke even and had lots of fun! I know I did :P

Shereendar's cleavage: credits to the picture taker of this photo. whoever you are!

Setting up the stall in a hurry. I hadn't eaten anything in a rush to get to the convention center in time. By the time comic fiesta goers poured in, I was starving and lacking a lot of selling enthusiasm. I didn't realize it until Marianne told me I was scaring the customers away looking so dour, lol! I'm really shy of people, and having them ignore and walk past despite a cheery "Come look at our handmade calendars!" puts a deep stab into your soul. After a little food and more experience, talking to people became a lot easier. I've gained a lot of respect for salespeople since then.

Again, pulled from fb :( thanks to the wonderful person who helped take a picture of this.

Besides artbook x calendars, we sold anime cookies too! (which I'll cover in a bit)

From left : Mimi, Marianne, Shereendar and myself. 


 Our nicely decorated stall :) Everybody brought a little something pretty to spruce it up. We dressed up as french maids with gorgeous aprons and headbands sewed by Shereendar's mom! (not entirely visible here, but do look through our photos in our Yum! Facebook page (where I pretty much got all the photos from) to see more.


thanks Jarold for loaning me your camera! :D

Comic Fiesta 2011 was at KL Convention Center late december for two days. It was my first CF stall, also first time cosplaying, as Inoue Orihime, because she's the easiest lol. I finally got a break on the 2nd day and went around taking a few pictures with a camera I borrowed.

My hair clips kept falling out :(

Picture with awesome cosplayers! Sure wish I had the figure for a skin tight suit D:

An adorable domokun resting.

Mimi's boyfriend with the headband

found ichigo!
Did I mention we sold anime cookies? 



 I made lots of anime character cookies, like the popular Vocaloids, Black Rock Shooter, chocolate sandwich Domokuns, pokeballs and the portal cube. I've never sold my cookies before, so I wasn't sure how it'll be received by the crowd. I'm glad its allowed at CF though! I know that convention halls are stringent about food in their halls, so I printed "do not eat" stickers as an added precaution.


A Totoro 3D cookie

People kept looking at them and asking if they were really edible. I'd say 'yes, would you like one?' and they'd follow with "Its too cute to eat!!" If I had a dollar for every time someone said that, I'd be rich O_O Halfway through, our cookies became really popular amongst fellow stall owners who were famished from manning their art booths all day. They sold out fast when Marianne and Mimi took the cookies around in baskets to the art booths. Nothing like a little marketing boost with direct selling >D
 

the boyfriend that didn't help much.

So yea, that was a pretty awesome experience. I wonder what I might do for CF 2012. 5 months late and this is about all I can recall.

End of CF post.

Next: A more in depth post on the anime cookies to follow! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment