Monday, July 11, 2011

Mimi's clock

Look what came in the mail !

Mimi sent me a parcel recently. 

And it was her ikea clock, that had the same thing happen to it as my old clock :P 



So I dismantled it, cleaned it out, and gave it a nice coat of paint. Actually it was about 5 light layers. I seem to have this problem though, of bugs constantly commiting suicide wherever I paint. Whenever I come back to check on the paint, there would have been atleast one bug that decided to end its life by adhering itself to the wet paint. I thought working in the day time would help, when there are less bugs around, but not really. They just like to die by paint I guess.


When the paint is dry on both front and back surfaces of the clock, I put in the printed clock pattern Mimi chose, and assemble the clock together. I pretty much used the same clock template as my own and then replaced the background.


And here's a test to see which beads worked. Between the pearls and the golden beads, the gold kinda brings out the colours best.



The final product!

Hope you like it, Mimi!

4 comments:

  1. so pretty! <3

    and love that little anecdote on the insect's choice of death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fatal attraction, the bug and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. How you able to find a clock template so match?

    ReplyDelete
  4. still laughing about the bug thing >.< hee-la-ri-yus!!!
    seriously though, you did well on your clocks.

    ReplyDelete