Monday, July 11, 2011

Double chocolate cookies + oats and wholemeal.

Andrew and I decided to make some cookies to snack on at work. We got a Betty Crocker pre-mix, but it was just too absurdly sweet even for the self professed sweet tooth that I am. So to make it a little healthier, we added less oil, more water, and HEAPS of oats and wholemeal!

Oddly, but I suppose we had it coming because it turned out looking like crap. I mean really crap, like I scooped up horse manure and put it on a tray.

Horse Manure

But despite how it looks, you have to believe me when I say it smells HEAVENLY. The rich chocolate aroma filled the whole house. Kinda like walking past Famous Amos. And it does taste amazing. We used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, and it gives off that coconut-y flavour as you bite onto it. Still a tad overly sweet, but ay, its a cookie!

delish!

Its really really filling because its dense with oats and wholemeal. Eat one of this and you'll be satiated for the rest of the day. Unless you're like my boyfriend who's got an endless pit for a stomach, then I can't speak for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment