Thursday, May 19, 2011

Green Tea Cupcake with Lavender Buttercream

yumm.

I had this aching for an interesting combination of green tea and lavender lately, and here is the result of satisfying that craving. Its a pretty delicious cupcake if I must say, its green tea cake with sweet azuki (red bean) paste for filling, topped with lavender infused butter cream. I attempted a piped rose here, and while its not completely successful, much thanks to my stubborn refusal to read instructions from the how-to book, I kinda like its imperfect effect!


My second try for a piped rose on a random banana muffin.

 I brought the decorated cupcakes to work, half proud and half worried sick wondering if the odd combination would sit well with my colleagues. But *phew* they liked it! Its really encouraging when your own work mates are more than willing to be your baking guinea pigs. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment