Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chocolate Avocado Milkshake

I was browsing tastespotting a while ago when I came across this interesting recipe for Chocolate Avocado Milkshake.

I used to make my quickie chocolate shakes with a scoop(or two) of chocolate ice cream, a handful of ice and  a dash of milk. It never felt really complete, so I wondered how the avocado could help create a more fuller and creamier taste to the milkshake.

lined up all my ingredients.
 Sush and I both tried out the recipe. Unfortunately all she could say about it was that it tasted very green. I was a bit worried about getting that green taste too, so I waited until my avocado was completely black and ripe till I cut it up. I thought avocados were very exotic fruits (?) grown somewhere on the other side of the world. Turns out they're very popular just over in Vietnam and Indonesia.


So I threw all of the above ingredients into a blender, blitzed, and there you have it, a chocolate avocado milkshake.

Verdict? Nobody in my family wanted a taste of it and I had to finish the whole thing myself :( It actually wasn't bad, it was very rich in texture with a mild chocolate flavour, though I could still taste a tinge of green. Its so thick and rich, it could replace a meal D:

Though I'll probably go back to my old quick version of a chocolate milkshake over this. I could get a big cup of that with the price of an avocado, and it'll be lighter on the tummy too.

2 comments: