Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Made a noticeboard!

noticeboard of all the pretty crafty inspiring things I found online.

I came into possession of some picture frames that once held painted portraits of Andrew's grandparents. He was about to throw them away when I begged him not to! How could he!

Now they're all mine :D a storeroom full of picture frames holding portraits of old people I'm not related to. Its pretty awesome! I can't wait to work my way through all of them.

Just a few of the frames. The rest are piled up in storage.

It was pretty fun dismantling the paintings from frames. I got to observe how they assembled the canvas to the board and nailed it to the frame. I always wondered how. Now I know.

 
tearing stuff apart.



I forgot to take more pictures of my progress :< I tend to forget about everything else when I'm working on something fun, so this wip is gonna be jumping many many steps.


I bought cork sheets from Daiso (the love of my life, everything at RM5!) It wasn't really easy to find them and not all Daiso stores had cork sheets. Even if they did, there would've been limited stock. So I had to hunt around and collect them :( I used six of them in total (the ones that already come with adhesive).

aligning the cardboard to the frame and cutting excess away.




To hold my cork sheets, I used corrugated cardboard, because its cheap and soft enough for the pins to poke through.

fan drying wet frames.

Meanwhile, I brushed the frames clean with a toothbrush (they were atleast an inch thick covered in dust) and a wet rag. Once completely dry, I sprayed it in pastel green, and then another layer of pearly finish. Its really pretty up close.

After the paint dried, I assembled the frame, cork board and inner frame(?), secured together by nails. 




 Placed in the dining room for all to admire. We cleared up the room because my mum's new dining table was gonna arrive the next morning.


Just some of my sources of inspiration. If you have the time, check out their sites too:

Thanks for reading :>

1 comment:

  1. Next project - that dry storage cupboard with the plastic mesh on the doors. It's older than Samantha.

    ReplyDelete